Business & Commercial Insurance
Business & Commercial Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Business & Commercial Insurance Information
Insurance for Businesses Across Missouri
Starting a business can be exciting an exciting venture—but it’s also an expensive one. Between finding a location, purchasing equipment, licensing and hiring employees, it takes a lot of money and resources to put ideas out into the world. It’s important to keep all of that hard work protected. One single accident could send you right back to square one with no ability to recover.
Smart IFS works closely with businessowners throughout Missouri and across industries to customize unique policies. We will help identify your business’ unique needs and risks so you can tailor a policy suited for your needs and budget. Give us a call at 314-915-2727or fill out an online quote form today.
Common Business Insurance Questions
All businesses are different. It’s important to consider your business’ unique assets and risks when searching for business insurance. Although your limits may be lower than larger businesses, you still need the right type of insurance. Most businesses benefit from having at least general liability, cyber liability and workers compensation.
In Missouri, all businesses with five or more employees must carry workers compensation insurance. Businesses that use vehicles for work must carry at least:
- $10,000 in property damage
- $25,000 in personal injury protection
You don’t necessarily need a license to purchase business insurance. In some cases, you may need insurance to qualify for certain licenses.
Business insurance covers either liability or property. The six main types of business insurance include:
- General Liability: General liability insurance covers accidents of bodily injury and property damage that may occur on the business property.
- Professional Liability: Professional liability insurance covers accidents of professional negligence tied directly to specialized or professional services.
- Directors and Officers Liability: D&O insurance covers the directors and officers of your business from claims regarding their actions while employed.
- Commercial Property Insurance: Commercial property insurance provides compensation for loss of or damage to physical property owned by the business due to fire, lightning, wind, hail, smoke, explosions, theft and vandalism.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: Commercial auto insurance covers vehicles used or owned by the business for work purposes.
- Workers Compensation: Workers compensation provides assistance for employees injured on the job.